The largest giant Pacific octopus on record measured 30 feet across and weighed more than 600 pounds. Viewers get to see a giant Pacific octopus in its habitat at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The narrator interviews its caretaker and scholars learn about their arms, suckers, ability to camouflage, and behavior.
- Video fits within a unit on ocean organisms, animal adaptations, or animal coloring, specifically camouflage
- Teacher needs a computer and way to project if using for the entire class
- Video is pretty elementary in concepts and is most appropriate for middle school learners
- Video is high quality and current
- Questions and dialogue about octopuses is engaging