What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday afternoon? You can look forward to a nice variety of descriptions from your youngsters regarding this classic writing prompt.
26 Views 22 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- To support ELLs or general language acquisition, provide a list of sentence frames that pupils can choose from
- As a follow-up question, ask students to comment on their least favorite things to do on a Saturday afternoon
- Have class members share their responses with one another in a pair-share before turning to whole group discussion
- Have learners continue their writing on the back of the page or on a separate sheet of paper.
- Easily understandable and accessible writing prompt
- Ready to administer