Orbit diagrams appear to be a work of mathematical art. The simulation helps scholars build their own systems of planets, stars, moons, etc., to observe their orbits. By altering their positions, velocities, and masses, a variety of orbit diagrams appear, allowing learners to test their predictions.
- Bring a spirograph to class for students to relate to the orbit and gravitational aspects of the lesson
- Requires Flash 9 or later
- Assumes prior knowledge of gravitational pull and orbits
- This content requires Adobe Flash to view
- Includes links to 21 lessons and activities that incorporate this simulation ranging from elementary through undergraduate levels
- Translates into more 40 languages—perfect for any classroom!
- Contains cross-curricular connections to science, math, and art