This Mysteries of Vernacular: Keister video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
A brief history of kiester, the video leads viewers through the development of the word, starting with kista, Proto-Indo-European for a woven container. The animated video follows kista through its developments and shifts in meaning. Fun for a quick warm-up or time filler, or useful as part of a larger unit on the development of language, the resource comes with additional materials that can be used to further explore the topic.
- Flip the lesson to add your own assessment and discussion questions
- Clearly shows the process of how words change and develop meaning over time
- The audience for this topic is rather narrow
- Video is very brief and ends somewhat abruptly