This Mystery Anions lesson plan also includes:
Lost an electron? You should keep an ion them. Young chemists learn qualitative analysis in the second lesson of an 11-part chemistry series. After observing reactions of simple salts, the teacher provides pupils with unknown samples with which to test reactions in order to identify the ion. The experiment includes carbonate ion, chloride ion, sulfate ion, and iodide ion samples.
- Learners can research other tests for the same anions
- The lesson best fits as the class is memorizing the polyatomic ions
- Review all safety and waste disposal procedures before beginning the experiments
- Includes many extension ideas
- Provides differentiation strategies