For thousands of years, humans observed the night sky without the help of a telescope. The video explains the many amazing discoveries they made and how we still rely on them today. It details the constellations, various colors of the stars, how to tell the difference between a star and a planet, and more. It even clarifies why some areas of the earth never see certain constellations.
- View star maps made from different locations to understand the celestial equator
- Find a light pollution map and discuss the location of observatories
- Avoid displaying the comments if at all possible as many of them misunderstood the title
- ELLs benefit from closed captioning in 20 languages
- Works well in both a traditional or a flipped classroom