This Nature's Density Column lesson plan also includes:
Nature provides density columns in the polar regions that provides food for many animals. Young scientists build their own density columns with water in order to answer analysis questions. Through a slideshow presentation, scholars compare their laboratory observations with those from scientists in the Bering Sea.
- Create a density column of different oils before this lesson
- Locate the Bering Sea on a map if pupils aren't familiar with the location
- Assumes prior knowledge of density
- Highlights all vocabulary words
- Integrates science and math