Allotropes of carbon are a girl's best friend. Here's a video that covers the various networks of solids and carbon, including the process for changing graphite network structures to diamond and then back to graphite. The video concludes with a discussion of sheet and 3-D networks.
- Design an outline for note taking to assist students
- Remember anyone is able to make YouTube comments, so they may be inappropriate
- Requires prior knowledge of solids and chemical bonds
- The 34th in a series of 46 videos
- Includes closed captioning to help viewers understand the material covered
- Provides clear, easy-to-follow diagrams
- Works well in a flipped or traditional classroom