Fence cutters, lost land, and cattle ranchers. The video explains the plight of Hispanic Americans when New Mexico became a state. The video also shows young historians why New Mexico's statehood was less violent than that of Texas.
3 Views 1 Download
- Have learners create a Venn diagram comparing the differences between New Mexico and Texas statehood
- Lead a group discussion during Hispanic Heritage Month on why Hispanic-Americans fought against White settlers
- Requires a free PBS account
- The video uses primary sources in the form of images
- Footage shows interviews of Hispanic-American families in New Mexico to give a better account of the events