The third practice in the Next Generation Science Standards applies analyzing and interpreting data. The video explains why this is important to scientists and many different ways to organize data. Then it moves on to discuss how to present and evaluate data from experience.
- Determine where in the progression of skills your pupils should be and how you can get them to that point
- Ensure you are confident with which axis the independent and dependent variables should be placed on, as well as the difference between correlation and causation
- Content applies to both science and math teachers
- Focuses the progression of skills in this area from K-12th grade
- Highlights cross-curricular connections