The Next Generation Science Standards list matter and energy as the fifth concept. The video explains how these relate to flows, cycles, and conservation. It offers an understanding of the progression of skills from kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Find appropriate labs for matter, flows and cycles, energy, and conservation for your class
- Pick one misconception related to these topics to discuss in depth each year
- Relies on some basic scientific prior knowledge
- Addresses many misconceptions related to energy and matter
- Offers closed captioning for ease of note taking