Many processes in the universe are either too small and fast or too large and slow to easily observe. The third concept in the Next Generation Science Standards addresses this with lessons on scale, proportion, and quantity. A video demonstrates how these relate to size, timespan, and energy.
- Verify that your curriculum uses scales or models in some form throughout the school year
- Link the concepts of proportion and ratios
- Video benefits both science and math educators
- Offers many examples of extremes on both ends of the spectrum
- Presents ideas teachers can take into the classroom easily