Build a strong foundation for your teaching of stability and change! The video addresses the Next Generation Science Standards Cross-Cutting Concept through insightful examples. The narrator includes ideas for introducing the standard in classrooms ranging from kindergarten to 12th grade.
- Use the video to expand your understanding of the fundamentals of stability and change as they relate to both science and engineering
- Create an activity for your next science PLC centered on digging in to the connection between matter, energy, and control within a system
- The resource is helpful for instructors in all science grade levels
- Offers a look at the expectations for the standard at all grade levels, allowing you to see what students should know about it from previous science classes
- The narrator's explanations of positive and negative feedback loops are easy to incorporate into your own lessons about homeostasis
- Concept mapping throughout the resource provides a clear connection between the cause-and-effect teachings in the lower grades to the advanced systems discussed in high school