This Niche Partitioning Activity activity also includes:
Dinnertime on the African savanna is a highly choreographed event! Introduce young ecologists to the concept of niche partitioning through a hands-on activity. Pupils research animal behaviors and use data to develop an understanding of the delicate balance that exists between the grazers and browsers of Africa.
- Get pupils familiar with the animals they're studying by using an interactive field guide
- Use the tools in the Related Resources section to incorporate additional animal species into the lesson
- Learners should be familiar with animal relationships and nocturnal versus diurnal behaviors before beginning the activity
- Lesson plan contains a variety of video clips and printable worksheets
- The resource relates animal behaviors to population density, making it a great tool for transitioning into a new topic