Think about your favorite place ... now, think about what it looks like at different times during the day. How does the change in lighting affect the colors you see? Young artists explore the tools available in digital art software to create a masterpiece. Individuals recreate their favorite outdoor spot based on one of Monet's most famous series.
- Use one of the great extensions to transform the lesson into a closer look at Impressionism
- Engage the class in discussion first to get the creativity flowing
- Pupils need Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or Hyperstudio to complete the assignment
- Lesson times may vary depending upon the skill levlel of your class
- Subject matter is engaging and creates a strong emotional tie to the assignment
- Large group discussion questions that kick off the lesson really help lead the class in the right direction