This Nightjohn: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
Set the stage for Nightjohn, Gary Paulsen's young adult novel about slavery set shortly before the Civil War, by asking readers to indicate whether they agree or disagree with several statements that are connected to issues raised by the story. After completing the novel, readers must decide whether Paulsen agrees or disagrees with the statements.
- Create your own anticipation guide using statements that introduce themes and issues you want kids to consider
- The first in a series of nine resources designed to be used with Gary Paulsen's novel
- The resource includes a rationale for the strategy, step-by-step directions, and assessment suggestions
- Attached to the resource is a sample guide
- Beware the typos on the guide