This Nonlinear Motion lesson plan also includes:
Investigate nonlinear motion through an analysis using the Pythagorean Theorem. Pupils combine their algebraic and geometric skills in the 24th lesson of this 25-part module. Using the Pythagorean Theorem, scholars collect data on the rate a ladder slides down a wall. Their analysis shows a nonlinear pattern as they see the average rate of change between intervals is not constant.
- Incorporate as an extension for your upper-level learners
- Bring in a small ladder to use for demonstration
- Requires a strong understanding of applying the Pythagorean Theorem and analysis of bivariate data
- Provides a detailed teacher guide that includes questioning suggestions
- Includes both an opening and closing exercise