This Normal Distribution interactive also includes:
Does the size of the bin matter? The resource allows pupils to explore the relationship between the normal curve and histograms. Learners view histograms compared to a normal curve with a set standard deviation. Using the interactive, users change the size of the bins to determine whether a better fit to the normal curve exists.
- Conduct an activity where class members collect large quantities of measurements and create histograms
- The class should understand the relationship of the shape of a histogram and the size of the bin
- Individuals need to have a basic understanding of standard deviation
- Provides links to related resources
- Allows the user to set the standard deviation either graphically or numerically