To demonstrate their skills with traditional and computer-assisted notation, young musicians notate and perform the first eight measures of Friedrich von Schiller's theme to "Ode to Joy."
18 Views 9 Downloads
- After class members have completed the assignment, play several different interpretations of the ode featuring different instruments
- The activity requires learners to have access to synthesizers and to computers loaded with the trademarked Finale NotePad software
- The activity assumes individuals have experience using the software
- The notation software is free
- The resource packet includes step-by-step directions, the "Ode to Joy" worksheet, and a rubric for the assignment