This Nothing But Net: Understanding Your Take Home Pay lesson plan also includes:
Introduce your young adults to the important understanding that the money they receive from their paychecks is a net amount as a result of deductions from taxes. Other topics covered include federal, state, Medicare and social security taxes, as well as how to claim tax deductions while maximizing savings.
- Consider asking a representative from a local financial institution to come to your class and discuss this topic. Contributing to a 401K, FSA, or direct-deposit savings can be an overwhelming subject to cover
- This is the thirteenth lesson in a series of 22 for helping young adults build strong money-management skills
- Valuable life skills lesson
- Great teacher tips included on right-hand sidebar
- All worksheets and answer keys included