This Nuclear Energy: What's Your Reaction? lesson plan also includes:
OSHA confirms that rules governing worker safety at nuclear power plants ranks higher than worker safety in offices. Scholars must consider safety, cost, alternatives, and other factors before recommending whether a town should build a nuclear power plant in the ninth of a 13-part series about exploring energy. The trade-offs appear easy to some and much more costly to others, and sharing ideas with the entire class might change a few minds.
- Map the closest nuclear power plant
- Discuss the needs of a nuclear power plant, such as a large source of water
- Relies on prior knowledge from previous lessons in the unit
- Links to credible resources for research
- Provides discussion questions as an informal assessment at the end