This O Greek Shape! O Fair Pose! lesson plan also includes:
Everything old is new again. The Los Angeles J. Paul Getty Museum presents a activity on how Greek black-figure painting influenced eighteenth century Neoclassical artists. After looking at a series of examples, class members create their own silhouettes.
- Create a gallery of the silhouettes and the accompanying biographies produce by the class members
- Have class members gift the silhouette and biography to a family member
- A great activity to schedule before the holidays
- Requires considerable set-up time to collect and arrange materials
- Includes versions of the sep-by-step lesson for both middle and high school classes
- Provides links to sites that provide examples of John Miers, Auguste Edouart, and Kara Walker