Most jokes rely on inference, but what is an inference? The video discusses the meaning of both observation and inference. Then, it compares them and offers multiple examples of the differences.
23 Views 17 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Show a photo and let pupils make a list of their observations and inferences
- Create a worksheet with a list of statements that scholars label as either an observation or an inference
- Video best fits near the beginning of the year when teaching the scientific method and before any experiments
- Required very little class time
- Works well in traditional or flipped classrooms