This Ocean Acidification activities & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Combat ocean acidification with bubbles. Young engineers create a system that reduces the acidity of water. Dry ice in water helps simulate ocean acidity, and blowing bubbles into the water results in a gas exchange that neutralizes the acidity to create a visually stimulating activity that helps scholars better understand the concept.
- Be sure to explain safety procedures before handling dry ice or the universal pH indicator solution
- Pupils should have familiarity with acidity and the pH scale
- Requires some prior preparation
- Provides a link to a website for more information
- Lists some detailed, step-by-step instructions for the activity