This Ocean and Great Lakes Literacy: Principle 7 lesson plan also includes:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take your class on an underwater adventure. The final installment in a seven-part series involving salt and freshwater bodies takes junior oceanographers below the surface in exploration robots. The activities illustrate how little we really know about the deep sea and challenge learners to analyze robot designs. Once they finish, they then match robots with a suitable mission.
- Add information about historical ocean explorations to create a cross-curricular lesson including social studies
- For an eye-opening extension, have students compare how much we know about the deep ocean with our knowledge of space
- Use the included extensions to make the lesson more challenging for older learners
- Schedule time in the computer lab for research
- Content is engaging and very well-organized
- Teacher's guide includes worksheets with answer keys