Microplastics exist in our oceans from the Arctic to the Antarctic. Polluting the ocean with plastics creates these microplastics that are so durable they do not break down into organic materials. The video points out that scientists just recently began to study the effects on ocean wildlife.
- Continue researching the effects of microplastics in the ocean after viewing the video
- Identify additional types of pollution affecting wildlife in the ocean
- Format the screen so pupils only see the video and not the comments as they may not be appropriate
- Memorable animations help explain the concept
- Short length maintains viewers' attention