This Ocean Geologic Features lesson plan also includes:
Sediment samples from the ocean bottoms tell scientists about climate change, pollution, and changes in erosion for the area. Groups of learners focus on sediments and their movement through water. During a hands-on activity, they investigate patterns of sedimentation and determine how size determines where and when sediment will sink. Smaller groups analyze photographs of different sized sediments found in the deep sea.
- Great activities when teaching weathering, erosion, and deposition
- Activity consists of two lessons; depending upon the efficiency of classes, the duration of each activity may shorten
- There is a teacher demonstration where a hairdryer produces surface currents over an aquarium; this is a safety concern and must be done as a demonstration
- Part four of 10
- A plethora of background information provides a potential reading source for class
- All worksheets and keys found within the lesson