This Ocean Layers II lesson plan also includes:
Now that you know the ocean has layers, let's name them. The seventh installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program covers terminology associated with ocean layers, such as thermocline and pycnocline. Graphing activity allows learners to see that temperature changes with depth.
- Use the mock bowl quiz questions as review
- Activity requires graph paper
- Learners need to already be familiar with how salinity and temperature affect water density
- Teacher resource provides links for additional resources
- Using real data makes the activity worthwhile and engaging for pupils