This Octagon Tile assessment also includes:
A connecting-the-dots activity seems too easy for seventh grade but connecting vertices may prove a challenge. Class members first examine a figure created by drawing squares around the inside of an octagon and connecting the vertices. they then determine lines of symmetry and the measures of specified angles in the figure.
- Use the task as an assessment question
- Note that the task uses British spellings
- Learners need to be able to find angle measurements, determine lines of symmetry, and identify octagons
- Well-drawn diagrams are great for visual learners
- Includes solutions to the task
- Rubric contains unexplained abbreviations