This Odd or Even? The Addition and Complement Principles of Probability lesson plan also includes:
Odd or even—fifty-fifty chance? �Pupils first conduct an experiment rolling a pair of dice to generate data in a probability instructional activity. It goes on to introduce mutually exclusive and non-mutually exclusive events, and how to use the Addition Rule to determine probabilities.
- Challenge learners to come up with a set of rules for a dice game resulting in a given probability
- Activity requires a class set of dice
- Lesson uses TI-Nspire calculator or Math Core Tools; be sure one of these is available
- Teacher resource contains extensive information (literature review) on probability education
- Lesson includes suggested assessment questions to use after the activity