This Odyssey of the Mind Curriculum Activity: Fantastic Fairy Tale lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Learning about literature can be so much fun; it can also be made more accessible through projects and dramatic play. As they explore theme, character, and setting, the class gets creative and makes a dramatic recreation of a classic fairy tale. There are three activity ideas that will enhance any literature instructional activity on theme. In activity one, they create puppets and put on a fairy tale adaptation play. In activity two, they change the setting of a classic fairy tale to modern times, and in the third activity, they compare and contrast two similar fairy tales from different countries.
- Prepare copies of the chosen fairy tale ahead of time and have learners follow along with you as you read the story aloud
- Notify parents and guardians before recording the performances
- Invite family and friends to the puppet show performances
- Activities can work on their own, as a part of a unit, or as a differentiated learning option for advanced students