This Oedipus the King: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Is it possible to escape fate? Are all types of pride evil? Are family secrets best kept secret? Before reading Oedipus the King, class members respond to a series of statements on an anticipation guide that introduces some of the basic concepts in Sophocles's famous tragedy.
- Create a poster-size version of the chart, record the results of the initial discussion of the guide, and place on the wall
- Some readers may find the wording of prompt number seven confusing
- The first of six resources designed to be used with Oedipus the King
- The packet includes a rationale for the activity, step-by-step directions, and the anticipation guide
- The wording of prompt number seven is confusing