Why did Mr. Ohm marry Mrs. Ohm? He couldn't resistor. An electrifying simulation allows scholars to control both voltage and resistance in order to see the current change. The formula is displayed and as you increase one variable, it grows larger and the other variables either grow or shrink based on their relationship. A simple circuit graphic shows increasing voltage as batteries.
- Build a basic circuit in class and discuss what characteristics change as you increase the number of batteries in a sequence
- Requires the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer
- Assumes prior knowledge of voltage and resistance
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a video primer to assist in understanding how to use the simulator
- Includes a document with an overview of the controls, how to simplify the simulation, and insights into student thinking
- Great for all students, as the you can translate the resource into more than 30 languages