This /oi/ Word List worksheet also includes:
Spoil, brown, poison. Designed to help develop phonemic awareness, the conscious awareness of the sound structure of words, readers are asked to identify and highlight the /oi/ sound in a list of 30 words. They then practice reading these words to an adult.
- Laminate the cards to permit reuse
- Some learners with dyslexia benefit from reading materials printed in dark brown ink on beige paper rather than the stark black ink on white paper
- To reduce stress, introduce only a few words at a time
- Although designed specifically for learners with dyslexia, the cards may be used to teach phonemic awareness to all those learning to read
- The exercise is the 11th in a series of 16 resources designed to develop the awareness skills needed to detect the vowel sounds in words
- Attached to the resource is a scrabble game that features the /oi/ sound