This Old Stone House Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
From stagecoach to railroad tracks, your class will discover how advancements in travel in the United States during the nineteenth century played an integral role in the industrialization and development of American society. The main activity in this resource is an investment game where class members are given a unique identity and then, based on their knowledge of transportation in the period, are asked to invest in the best mode of transportation at various stages in the eighteen hundreds.
- Includes historical overview handout and learning game materials
- Stagecoach vocabulary and fill-in-the-blank can be used as assignment or assessment
- Will need to supplement with further reading assignments and research for learners to adequately comprehend and complete lesson activities
- Document is a little unorganized and some learning objectives may not be comprehensively addressed