This On Balance activity & project also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Investigate the world of unknown quantities with a creative set of five lessons that provides problem situations for varying grade levels. Each problem presents a scenario of fruit with different weights and a balance scale. Using the provided information, learners make conclusions about the weight of the fruit.
- Create a hands-on laboratory problem similar to those presented in the resource
- Each lesson expects an understanding of equality and inequality
- Each problem originates from the same theme, providing a clear example of standard progression
- Lessons use contextual situations to enhance meaning