The road to a greater knowledge of functions lies in the informative resource. Young mathematicians first graph a square root function in a short performance task. They then use given descriptions of towns and the key features of the graph to identify the locations and elevations of the towns.
- Use the questions as part of a quiz
- Pupils must be familiar with square root functions
- Note that there is a very similar task, Other Road, that focuses on absolute value functions
- Provides sample solution in a separate file
- Worksheet is available in Word form, allowing instructors to make edits