Was the financial crisis of 2008 a repeat of the stock market crash of 1929? A thought-provoking resource explores the effects of the 2008 crisis with the words of then-future President Obama. Historians hear a brief outline of the crisis and Barack Obama's vision to heal the effects of the economic event.
- Compare the stock market crash of 1929 to 2008
- Guide a group discussion on how once in office President Obama attempted to fix the effects of the economic crisis
- Resource requires a free C-SPAN Classroom account, or use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- The resource uses primary sources to explore the 2008 economic crisis
- Video is interdisciplinary and touches on both social studies and economic topics