What do the War of 1812 and the accidental presidency of John Tyler have in common? Historians ponder the question as they learn about the Battle of Tippecanoe, how it led to the declaration of war with Great Britain in the War of 1812, and how Tyler became president. The three brief video clips include interviews with a scholar and reenactor to showcase the pivotal battle.
- Use clips to show renderings of military movements during the battle
- Resource requires a free account to view the videos; Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Learners may need some background or context information before viewing the clips
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Renderings in the video help pupils visualize the battle
- Links direct teachers to additional related lesson plan ideas