The history behind the Iranian Revolution and hostage crisis is long and complicated. The hostage crisis directly affected a presidential election, and it played into Cold War fears of a global crisis. Using video clips of an historian and the testimonies of hostages, scholars explore the causes and legacies of the complex event.
- Use clips to introduce the Iranian hostage crisis
- Create a quest to have students explore the clips to learn the history of the Iranian Revolution
- The eight short videos require a free C-SPAN account; the use of the following login credentials work as well: Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clips include easy-to-understand background information on the Iranian Revolution and hostage crisis
- Video segments are short and easy to use in class