What causes someone to commit mass acts of violence? After their daughter was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting, the parents of Avielle Richman created a foundation to study the dark corners of neurology to answer that question. Additional video resources show scholars how the victims of the school shooting have been honored in public memorials and a presidential speech. To finish, they consider what can be done to prevent future massacres.
- Offer video clips to stimulate a discussion of school safety and gun control
- While there are no graphic images, the topic may not be appropriate for all pupils
- Teachers may create a free account or use Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Videos offer examples of positive actions by those affected by tragedy
- Issue is relevant to students today