The cherished rights included in the first ten amendments to the Constitution almost didn't happen! Pupils tour via video a National Archives exhibit on the Bill of Rights, as well as listen to how a modern judge applies them. Once finished, they consider why the Framers added the amendments to the US Constitution.
- Use links to attached lesson plans on the debate over the Bill of Rights
- Offer video clips to stimulate discussion on whether the Bill of Rights is needed
- While resource requires a free C-SPAN Classroom account, teachers also can use the credentials Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Links include additional resources
- Clips allow pupils to consider multiple perspectives on the Bill of Rights