Practice counting and patterns in one fun activity! After discussing the word cent and what it means, kids count the number of body parts on the centimeter and add two legs to each. They then determine if there is a faster way to count, they finish by coloring the correct pattern by counting by different numbers and following the instructions.
- Hang completed centipedes on the wall or in an art portfolio
- Use for a 100th Day of School activity
- Perfect for a lesson about counting by 1, 2, 5, or 10
- Have one partner recite the color instructions to another partner, who has to follow directions in order to color the centipede properly
- Lesson is based on Charles Gigna's One Hundred Shoes, but could work without the story
- Incorporates several different skills into one enjoyable activity