This One Land, Many Trails: Challenge Activities (Theme 5) unit also includes:
Bring history to life through literature. The first in a series of three challenge activities designed to accompany Theme 5: One Land, Many Trails does just that through unique projects connected to historical fiction and nonfiction texts. Scholar-friendly expected outcomes help keep learners on task.
- Take an online tour of a museum to help provide ideas and inspiration for the museum exhibit activity
- Offer choices to determine the format of the research project
- Require some at-home work time for projects to free up time for other activities in class
- Incorporates creative projects such as plays and museum exhibits
- Makes connections to key events and ideas in American history
- Lacks specific details on how to complete some projects, such as museum exhibits