This One Land, Many Trails: Extra Support Lessons (Theme 5) unit also includes:
Grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension strategies are all part of the journey toward understanding a text. The last in a series of three extra support lessons designed to accompany Theme 5: One Land, Many Trails provides a wealth of ideas to accompany four short texts. The lessons work particularly well with struggling learners.
- Play audio versions of key words to help demonstrate concepts such as multiple syllables
- Pull out struggling learners in small groups while the rest of the class works independently
- Requires a whiteboard or chart paper and markers to complete many of the activities
- Includes scripts to make it easy to instantly implement the lessons
- Breaks down most concepts into teach, practice, and apply
- Lacks creative activities to teach some of the more basic elements of grammar and vocabulary