This One Look Is Worth A Thousand Words lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Facial expressions can communicate complex emotions. Examine expressions in several hyperrealistic works of art before beginning a project. Learners will create their own clay faces that show an emotion using either photos or their own faces in a mirror as models.
- Create your own presentation so your class can view these pieces in the detail they are meant to be seen in
- Note that the artist's style is hyperrealistic—the sculptures are true to life and may appear strange to some individuals
- It is unlikely that pupils will be able to achieve the level of realism present in the model sculptures; emphasize the task of representing a feeling over realism
- Comes with images, vocabulary, a rubric, step-by-step project instructions, discussion ideas, and more