Why Lesson Planet?
Don't underestimate the value of a clean mouth! Here is a six-lesson unit that details everything a youngster needs to know about oral hygiene. It includes lessons on the purpose of a mouth and teeth, the nature of oral bacteria and the process of tooth decay, and finally how we can work to keep our mouths healthy.
- This unit has many opportunities for cross-curricular work! From journal writing to experiments focusing on the scientific method, don't hesitate to highlight other important academic concepts while progressing through the unit
- While the unit mentions using a CD-ROM at various points, most of these activities have an alternative option for conveying or discussing the material
- Focuses on developing important scientific inquiry skills throughout unit
- Very detailed instructional guidelines
- Includes several useful teacher references, such as how to handle controversial topics or promote safety in a science classroom