This Operations with Vectors: GPS Device interactive also includes:
Determine the distance between two hikers using vectors. Pupils use an interactive to develop the formula to find the distance between two points knowing their relationship to a third point. Learners use the formula to calculate the distance between two hikers given their relative positions from camp.
- Have learners show the work needed to answer the challenge questions
- Class members should understand vector notation
- Individuals should be familiar with trigonometric ratios
- Requires creating a free CK-12 account to obtain a login
- Challenge questions provide the correct answer if answered incorrectly
- The resource contains example questions