This Ordinary People: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Activate your pupils' thinking before reading chapter five of Ordinary People. Learners decide whether they agree or disagree with six statements and discuss their ideas in small groups. They then read chapter five and determine if a character from the novel would agree or disagree with the same statements.
- Adapt the same strategy for additional chapters in the book, keeping similar themes and topics in mind to build toward greater understandings and deeper discussions
- If there isn't time in class to read chapter five, assign that and the Conrad column for homework; discuss the results as a starter the next day
- This is designed specifically to be used before and after reading chapter five of Ordinary People
- Includes clear step-by-step instructions
- A student worksheet is provided