This Orpheus- A Greek Myth: Reader's Theatre Script activity & project also includes:
Is this any way to treat a Greek Myth? By all means, turn the tale of Orpheus into a reader's theatre exercise.
156 Views 130 Downloads
- The idea here is a good one; however, consider revising the script so that it has a consistent tone
- Using the provided script as a model, ask middle and high school groups to create their own adaptation of the script, selecting a tone (mock-serious, classical Greek, soap opera) character interpretation (Orpheus as rock star, Eurydice as groupie), etc.
- Or assign groups different myths to script for a reader's theatre performance
- The script models how stories can be transformed into reader's theatre exercises
- The script is not carefully crafted and the tone is inconsistent